The Galaxy Rooflite FR50 resin system has been specifically formulated for commercial and industrial building applications. The sheeting allows the transmission of natural light into the building while providing a fire/ smoke retardant feature at a minimal additional cost.
Rooflite FR50 is a quality translucent or opaque Fibre reinforced plastic sheet produced to meet the requirements where an improved reduction in smoke properties is required. The FR50 product is manufactured using a specific type of polyester resin designed for low smoke generation in the event of a fire.
The Galaxy Rooflite FR50 resin system can be applied to the full range of Galaxy profiles in line with standard nominal weights. Typically, any of the Galaxy Rooflite surface coating systems, ST, Warranty Plus or Tufflite, are all, fully compatible with FR50 smoke reducing resin system. Special sheet sizes, profiles and colours can be produced, subject to commercial viability and colour pigment availability.
Galaxy FR50 can be confidently specified in your design plan to comply with the relevant standards. Galaxy Rooflite FR50 incorporates a specific smoke & flame retardant formulation and as a result will comply without restriction to the General Requirements of Class 2 to 9 buildings of the Building Code of Australia, Specification C1 .10
- Exceptionally strong, durable with outstanding impact resistance
- Economical alternative to metal roofing and cladding
- Excellent long term weathering characteristics
- Standard 10 year warranty
- Superior 25 Year warranty*
- Non delaminating surface technology
- Outstanding surface erosion resistance
- Corrosive chemical processing
- Petrochemical environments
- Wastewater treatment
- Mining Industry (Smelters)
- Cooling towers
- Power stations
- Water treatment plants
- Chemically aggressive fertilizer storage facilities
- Marine environments
- Paper and pulp manufacturing
- Salt extraction and desalination plants
- Skylighting where safety mesh is not desirable
Quality and Testing
When tested in accordance with AS 1530.3 – 1999, Test for Early Fire Hazard Properties of Materials, Galaxy Rooflite FR50 achieved the following determinations.
|Test Number 7-543772-CN|
|Ignitability Index||15||Range 0 – 20|
|Spread of Flame||7||Range 0 – 10|
|Heat Evolved Index||7||Range 0 – 10|
|Smoke Developed||8||Range 0 – 10|